We are excited about our 8th Grade cruise, Monday, June 13, 2022 aboard the Argosy Cruise Line, Spirit of Seattle. This is an exciting way for our 8th grade students to celebrate their last year at Chinook. Students who have turned in permission forms and purchased a ticket will arrive at school at the regular time, board a bus at 9 am and leave for the cruise. They will have breakfast and lunch snacks, fun activities to do, and a really great cruise around the Seattle waterfront. Students will return around 2pm and take their normal way home. Please remind students:
- School behavior rules apply
- The boat is enclosed, however being on the water, the weather may be cooler. Dress appropriately, and again, school rules apply.
- Chinook and Argosy Cruise Lines are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Backpacks should be left at home.
- Expensive camera/electronics should be left at home.
- Chinook reserves the right to exclude a students participation based on discipline issues.
Our 8th grade students will also participate in an awards ceremony during the school day on June 14.
June 15 has two events for 8th graders. One is the Moving Up Ceremony. Due to COVID policies at our school, this assembly will be for students and staff only. Decorate your car for the second event which starts at 3:30 and is for families. 8th grade students and their families are invited to participate in a Drive Thru Parade. Families will line up in the church parking lot and drive through Chinook and Tyee campuses. This event starts at 3:30. Limit one car per family, please!
On the last day of school, students will visit class period 1 through 6 and participate in an end of year slide show. School is out at 11:05 on June 16!- NO BACKPACKS, PURSES , BAGS, OR BALLOONS ALLOWED ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Have a great Summer.